About the role
Sana Biotechnology is growing, and we are hiring new team members who believe in the potential of engineered cells as medicines, who want to challenge status quo, and who lead with the desire to work on novel ideas. As an Engineer II, you will report to a PhD level Associate Director and perform daily tasks involving the growth, differentiation, and characterization of pluripotent stem cells to support cell-based therapeutic programs targeting Type 1 Diabetes.
What you'll do
- Culture and differentiation of pluripotent stem cells in spinner vessels and bioreactors
- Analysis of differentiated cell products (Flow cytometry, PCR, fluorescent microscopy)
- Help design and execute experiments
- Make observations, interpret results and document experimental methods in a well-maintained laboratory notebook
- Present results of experiments and findings in informal, small group settings
- Coordinate with other team members to ensure the completion of the team's research projects
- Comply with standard laboratory practices and company policies
- Support Associate Director in the upkeep of reagents stock and ordering of consumables
- Support drafting and revising of protocols and SOPs to support IND filing
What we're looking for
- Bachelors' degree in chemical engineering or a biological engineering discipline with 6+ years of laboratory experience or MS in chemical engineering with 4+ years of laboratory experience
- Hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture is required
- Hard-working mindset and proactiveness is required
- Experience operating spinner vessels or bioreactors
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team is required
- Excellent communication and organization skills
What will separate you from the crowd
- Experience developing processes using single use spinner vessels or bioreactor vessels
- Hands-on experience working with pluripotent stem cell culture
What you should know
- Some weekend work will be necessary from time to time
- Working safely in person on a predictable and regular in-person basis is an essential job function for this position, and the Company requires that all individuals working in-person be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including receipt of a vaccine booster shot if recommended by the CDC
How we work together
- Lead from every seat – we seek to understand, act with honesty, and engage in the crucial conversations
- Thrive as a team – we hire amazing people, are intensely curious, and cultivate inclusion and personal connectivity
- Make it happen – we value vigorous debate, alignment around our decisions, and resilient execution
Get to know us
At Sana, we believe that a diverse workforce strengthens us as a company and helps us to achieve our mission to meaningfully change the outcome of many human diseases. This belief is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success. Our goal is that Sana is the place for talented people to bring their authentic selves to work, to have a great career and to deeply, positively impact patients.
Core to our values, we believe there is nothing more important than the health and wellness of you and your family. For benefit eligible employees, we cover 100% of the cost for employee health coverage and offer generous time-off, parental leave, short- and long-term disability, financial wellness programs, a 401(k) Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, commuter subsidy and a variety of wellness offerings to support each person individually.
We are committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment based on race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental or sensory disability (including the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability), genetic information, actual or perceived HIV or Hepatitis C infection, medical condition (cancer or a record or history of cancer and genetic characteristics), marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), disability, veteran status, political ideology, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions described above.