About the role
Sana Biotechnology is growing, and we are hiring new team members who believe in the potential engineered cells as medicines, who want to challenge status quo, and who lead with the desire to work on novel ideas.
As an Infrastructure Engineer in the Research Computing group, reporting to the Head of Research Computing, you will be an essential part of the ongoing design, implementation, and management of Sana's research computing platform. You'll help build and run our cloud-based infrastructure; along the way you'll hone your skills with cloud infrastructure, building and deploying scientific software, supporting large-scale data collections, and managing reliable services. The things you build will be the foundation for Sana's research.
What you'll do
- You'll build and maintain Sana's cloud-first research computing infrastructure using infrastructure-as-code best practices
- You'll create and support Linux computing environments for our teams using tools like Spack, Docker, and GitLab to support bioinformatics, engineering, data science, and lab automation projects
- You'll support our user community through training sessions, documentation, and one-on-one consulting
- You'll work with Sana's IT organization to ensure our work integrates smoothly into the corporate environment
What we're looking for
- You have a BA or MS and 10+ years or equivalent combination of education and work experience or a PhD in scientific/technical discipline and 8+ years academic or industry experience
- You've managed infrastructure in the cloud (e.g. AWS) using infrastructure-as-code tools (e.g. Terraform)
- You've built and deployed scientific software and applications
- You're comfortable using distributed version control systems (e.g. Git, GitLab) and CI/CD tools (e.g. GitLab CI)
- You're familiar with running networks of Linux systems
- You can configure and debug network filesystems (e.g. SMB/CIFS and NFS)
- You know how and when to take advantage of container technologies (e.g. Docker, Singularity)
- You have solid Python programming skills and are familiar with C and other systems programming languages
What will separate you from the crowd
- You've used Spack or similar tools to assemble software environments
- You've supported HPC systems
- DNS makes sense to you
- You understand the basics of system security, including TLS, SSL, SSH and related acronyms
What you should know
- Working safely in person on a predictable and regular in-person basis is an essential job function for this position, and the Company requires that all individuals working in-person be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including receipt of a vaccine booster shot if recommended by the CDC
How we work together
- Lead from every seat – we seek to understand, act with honesty, and engage in the crucial conversations
- Thrive as a team – we hire amazing people, are intensely curious, and cultivate inclusion and personal connectivity
- Make it happen – we value vigorous debate, alignment around our decisions, and resilient execution
Get to know us
At Sana, we believe that a diverse workforce strengthens us as a company and helps us to achieve our mission to meaningfully change the outcome of many human diseases. This belief is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success. Our goal is that Sana is the place for talented people to bring their authentic selves to work, to have a great career and to deeply, positively impact patients.
Core to our values, we believe there is nothing more important than the health and wellness of you and your family. For benefit eligible employees, we cover 100% of the cost for employee health coverage and offer generous time-off, parental leave, short- and long-term disability, employer paid basic life insurance, additional voluntary life insurance protection, financial wellness programs including financial planning resources, a 401(k) Plan with an immediately vested employer match, Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, commuter subsidy and a variety of wellness offerings to support each person individually.
We are committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment based on race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental or sensory disability (including the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability), genetic information, actual or perceived HIV or Hepatitis C infection, medical condition (cancer or a record or history of cancer and genetic characteristics), marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), disability, veteran status, political ideology, social class (including caste/caste identity), taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions described above.